Tested the Shellac today. Amber Shellac with 20 percent Denatured Alcohol. We tested it on samples of all the different wood in the camper. There was the original wood that needed to be sanded, the new birch, also sanded .and the pine parts, again sanded. Then we applied the Amber Shellac waited for it to dry and reapplied. It took 3 coats to get the darkness we liked. Then we did 3 coats of clear. The Amber really shows off the grain of the wood. I was originally going to paint the interior but after all this hard work, Frank and I decided that we need to go original on this one. We can always paint it later if we don’t like it.